10 More Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts I Learned the Hard Way
Must-know rheumatoid disease / rheumatoid arthritis facts
One of the most popular articles on RA Warrior discusses 10 Essential Facts About Rheumatoid Arthritis No Doctor Ever Told Me. Those first 10 rheumatoid arthritis facts are still very important. However, this disease keeps teaching us over time, doesn’t it?
- No one who is not living with rheumatoid disease can fully understand the experience of a person living with rheumatoid disease (PRD). Over time, accepting this fact can be comforting.
- There are differing patterns in rheumatoid disease, and your own pattern can vary over time.
- Rheumatoid arthritis is a complex disease with causes and processes that are still much of a mystery. Recognized genetic and environmental factors still do not explain or predict how it will go for a particular person.
- Trust your instincts about your health. Dealing with it 24/7, people living with this disease often know more about it than health care professionals.
- We shouldn’t readily accept disabling changes in our joints. Using splints, braces, physical therapy, medication, injections, or surgery may preserve or improve joint function.
- Comparing symptoms with others who have milder or more severe disease is usually unhelpful and can harm your hope or self-image.
- Do not just accept immobilizing pain. If something doesn’t help decrease pain, try something else.
- Rheumatoid disease is relentless and evil. RD can affect almost any part of body, and fighting back is exhausting. But that’s why we are warriors.
- Sometimes we confuse disease symptoms with medication side effects. PRD can be surprised to realize which one is actually to blame for their particular problem.
- Disease progression (getting worse) and severe pain can be depressing, even for PRD with a positive attitude or good support network. We can recognize that ahead of time, in case help is needed someday.
What rheumatoid arthritis facts did you figure out on your own? Maybe you can help out another PRD in the comment box below.
Read the original 10 Essential Facts About Rheumatoid Arthritis No Doctor Ever Told Me.
- 4 Funny Things about Pain Scale Charts
- What is Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) / Rheumatoid Disease (RD)? 10 Facts Every Doctor Needs
- 10 Common Rheumatoid Arthritis Myths
NOTE: Your comments are an important resource for future readers of this post in the months to come. Please find the comment link below each post.Kelly Young. All rights reserved.