Over the last two weeks, I haven’t been able to write very much because of 2 roadblocks:
Do you have RA in your shoulder?
Lately, I’ve just cried and lay with heat or ice on mine. Some days, I couldn’t lift it forward from my side even an inch, no matter how hard I tried. At least this time, the left side was the only one so bad. It seems to be doing better today.
The other problem was a computer virus that disabled my laptop. It took a week, but the laptop seems to be back to normal.
It’s such a relief to have my computer back & to be able to move around. However, RA is limiting me more than it has in the past. I’ve said before that there is a disadvantage to having patients like you and me lead a movement since we are “sick.” This is also our great advantage: we know what patients need. I am holding onto that when I feel discouraged about not being able to get any work done.
Now for the fun stuff! Hope your summer is off to a good start.
1) Recently I was interviewed on KISS FM out of Seattle. It was enjoyable to talk with Jackie and I hope you’ll enjoy listening! You can also pass this link on to others to tell them about RA.
2) Our T-shirt store has sent us a coupon good for the next week. I’ve copied the details below. Click here to see all our t-shirts, mugs, and barbeque aprons.
3) Have you noticed the blue banner at the bottom of the page? This is an opportunity to participate in surveys or forums to give the patient perspective. Participants get rewarded with gift cards. This is a good opportunity to express your viewpoint with a little bit of repayment to you.
- Something that really puzzled me: What is a Rheumatoid Arthritis Flare?
- Must know: 20 Tips for Managing Your Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment
- Memorial Day, remembered: Memorial Day Tribute from RA Warrior