Your Rheumatoid Arthritis Onset Stories, page 29 | Rheumatoid Arthritis Warrior

E-Mail 'Your Rheumatoid Arthritis Onset Stories, page 29' To A Friend

Email a copy of 'Your Rheumatoid Arthritis Onset Stories, page 29' to a friend

* Required Field

Separate multiple entries with a comma. Maximum 5 entries.

Separate multiple entries with a comma. Maximum 5 entries.

E-Mail Image Verification

Loading ... Loading ...

2 thoughts on “Your Rheumatoid Arthritis Onset Stories, page 29

  • August 2, 2012 at 9:06 am

    My journey began 2 and 1/2 years ago right after my marriage to my husband. What began as a sore and tender elbow joint after moving into my husbands house. I attributed to too much lifting and packing. I had seen an orthopedic who then gave me several injections in my right arm of steroidal medication over several months. Soon after the pain moved to my left arm and now I could barely wash my hair, lift a tea pot, or paint my lifes passion. my next visit was to a neurologist who insisted I had fybromylagia. Ha! I thought , he thinks its in my head! Of course I was depressed, because Now it seems to be spreading to my knees and shoulders, hands , fingers affecting my painting. I insisted on a referral to a rheum after researching on the internet my symptoms. My rheumy ordered blood work for Lyme disease and RA. All negative I was told. Thats when the tears came and total frustration . Concurrantly, my Dad was having similar issues which we discussed and his Dr. said it was zero negative RA?!? Gee, what is that? Back to my rheumy again and frustrated , I mention this to her. She then finally orders a bone scan and finds I am lit up like a Xmas tree and affected in all joints. We begin immediately a cocktail of Cymbalta, Humira, Folic acid and a pain clinic. Recently it has affected my feet as well. Did I mention I used to dance and work out feverishly? All of that is impossible now, however I do walk our dog Quixie and suffer after, and use an elliptical trainer 2-3 times a week depending how I am feeling , just to keep moving and Not give up or in. Unfortunately, the Humira did not work . Currently my cocktail is Embrel, Folic acid, Methotrexate ,Tizanidine and fetanyl patch for pain. Good news , I am painting again and preparing for an exhibition in September. I can’t paint for long and do need to rest often.My day does go South after 5-6 hours, but my attitude and appreciation for life has changed. I am Now living in the Moment, and like Kelly not taking life for granted. My best days are usually a couple of days after my injection and I do use those days to get most things accomplished. I have also learned how to simplify my life by organizing better. I order groceries from pea pod so i don’t need to lift or shop. Sometimes it is in the small changes.
    So true btw, that No one understands this disease and think it is arthritis. I applaud you Kelly for helping the public to better understand RA , and giving us a venue to learn and share. Thank You, Glynnis

    • August 2, 2012 at 12:11 pm

      Thank you for the awesome comments Glynnis. Whenever you have time, we’d love to have the story submitted & post it on a page with the rest. If you ever feel like it. Click the onset story link at the top of the page. Good luck to you.

Comments are closed.

Would You Like Free Email Updates?
Stay in touch with RA Warrior.
We respect your privacy. Your email address will never be shared.