The Post

Comments (998)

998 Responses to “Rheumatoid Arthritis Support Groups”

1. Robert Blunk says:

I have R.D.I have been so tired that I don’t feel like doing anything.I quit drinking beer about hoping that I would feel beater.
      That was five months ago.I feel worse.So tired and worn out all the time.I am afraid to start drinking again because of the med’s that I am on.
      Don’t know what to do. My doctor says it will take some time.I am 63 years old,I don’t think I have much time.
      Need some help,Please

2. Christina Marie says:

I’m looking for an RA Support Group in Richmond, VA area. Anybody out there? I’m 31 and diagnosed this year.

3. Julianne says:

I’ve had RA roughly for 10 years, lupus for 14, and fibromyalgia for about 7-8 years. I have tried Plaquenil for my lupus for 14 years, Methotrexate on and off due to hair loss for my RA, and Arava for my RA for the last 3 years. I am on Pristiq for my fibromyaglia. I have also been on opioids for the 5-6 years for the pain due to RA and Lupus, rarely but also for my fibromyalgia. I have told my RA doctor that methotrexate is not helping me! They thought combined with Arava it might then help. It does not. I do not work, but married with 2 kids, 13 autistic and 18. If I am out for half a day shopping, site seeing when family visits or running errands for 1/2 day, I then pay for it the rest of the day and usually the day after. Having to take it easy, staying off my feet, since now I have RA in my ankles, knees, and hip, along with my beginning RA that started in my upper extremities. I’ve been living life like this for at least 5 years. And my RA keeps speading and getting worse. This is not living life. I’m no longer active, thus gaining weight. I need a better medicine for my RA. I would love to hear from others that take other meds. for RA other than methotrexate and Arava please, so I can suggest them to my doctor. I look forward to hearing for some of you that have suffered or/and still are, with meds that help them! I also take several over the counter things that are suppose to help joints. Nothing has helped me. I’ve done gluten free for my lupus. I’ve just recently read that a paleo (I think it’s spelled) diet is suppose to help people living with autoimmune diseases. Anyone one heard of that??
      I live in the Waco, TX area. I would love to find a support group with RA or even any other of my autoimmune issues!

4. Diane Holmes says:

I am in Asheville, NC. Was just diagnosed yesterday. Would really love someone to talk with about this who has “Been there, done that”. Thanks!

5. Arlene says:

Re Support Groups:
      I’ve sent several emails to the contact person in Largo FL (Carol) over the past 6 months and have never received a reply.
      How up to date is your support group list?

6. Elizabeth Kingman says:

I am (desperately) searching for an RA support group in the Tucson, AZ area. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Few local resources available.

7. Maribeth Schaefer says:

I am interested in finding a support group in Wisconsin. Preferably in Washington County. Hopefully, others are already meeting. Thanks.

8. Dorie Schultz says:

I am searching for a support group for RA or chronic pain in my area. I live in Ozaukee county, Mequon, Wisconsin and I haven’t been able to find any support groups anywhere near me. Any suggestions

9. Patty says:

Hi,
      Does anyone know of any support groups in the Cleveland Ohio area?
      Patty

The Post

Comments (998)

What do you think?

Would You Like Free Email Updates?
    Stay in touch with RA Warrior.
    We respect your privacy. Your email address will never be shared.