Together, We’re Neither Alone Nor Powerless
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: “What? You too? I thought I was the only one.” ~CS Lewis
Most of the time, it seems we’re pretty powerless to change things. As long as we’re alone, it might stay that way. But when we find others like us, the whole landscape changes.
And then, we can change our world.
In the past few years we’ve seen this happen with our RAW community and its young patient foundation, the Rheumatoid Patient Foundation (RPF).
Today is #GivingTuesday, a global campaign of giving to charities that serve our communities. Please remember our own RPF during this season of year-end giving. Each one of us CAN make a difference by joining our hands and our voices.
If this community has made a difference to you, please take a moment to let others know about RPF.
SIMPLE STEPS CAN WE TAKE NOW
- Join! Become a member of RPF to join the movement of patients helping patients improve our future!
- Make a tax-deductible donation. A donation of any size can make a difference. If everyone who loves someone with Rheumatoid Disease gave ONE dollar, it would be millions! http://rheum4us.org/contribute/
- Spread the word. Use your email, social media, or blog to tell the world why you support RPF.
- Donate photos for the RPF to use in literature or on the website. In keeping it real and friendly, we do not use stock photos. Click here to read about how.
- Go to http://smile.amazon.com and choose the Rheumatoid Patient Foundation for your charity. Then be sure when you shop, you use smile.amazon.com so a percentage of your purchases will be donated to RPF.
Important to read
Special posts by members on the RPF blog this week – click here to subscribe.
- 25 Tips to Stay Well in Cold and Flu Season
- 13 Ways to Help People Living with Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Mascara, Antibodies, and Soup: All I Know about a Disease
- Some of RPF’s recent accomplishments
NOTE: Your comments are an important resource for future readers of this post in the months to come. Please find the comment link below each post.Kelly Young. All rights reserved.