Note: Even though foot x-ray considered “normal,” bone recently protrudes from side of foot, sometimes painful
Diagnosed one year ago]]>
1) Swollen, hot joints. Sometimes, even with meds, the heat that can generate from a joint area can make my other skin feel ‘cold’! Moderate levels make it feel as if I’ve stuck the joint in very, very hot water for a while.
2)Joint pain. From general aching and stiffness at best, to sharp in the joint pain that feels like someone has got a sharp needle or knife and driven it in there. You cannot describe it. I also have Osteoarthritis, which pre-dates my RA – and there is NO comparison.
3) General fatigue. A job that used to take minutes can now take hours, or even days, and I can sometimes sleep for a week!
4) Morning stiffness, and end of day stiffness. Not to be confused with point 2 I talk about. These are different in that I effectively ‘seize up’ all over, inc. muscle stiffness while asleep, and as the day wears on, it begins to return. The more I do, the quicker that happens.
5) Finding that I need to surround myself when sleeping with soft pillows. I’ve also had to go for a mattress foam top, because I felt like I was sleeping on concrete, even though it was a new mattress that was fairly soft.
6) No strength in hands or fingers (severity changes each day). This means opening jars, pill bottles or even trying to pop a pill out of a foil packet becomes a marathon.
* What are your own most significant symptoms? I know it’s hard, try to keep it to 6 or fewer.
1) Joint pain.
3) Swelling and heat from joints.
4) Lack of mobility.
5) I have real problems now with rashes. Have to really watch my washing powder for example (have found only 2 I can use so far, both environmentally friendly that is great, but cost a fortune).
6) Regardless of where I sit, or lie – never being comfortable for long.
* Do you think your own Rheumatoid Arthritis symptoms are typical? Does your doctor?
Yes, although my Rhuemy took ages to decide it was RA, because I was showing Sero-neg bloods. But did treat with RA drugs to begin with (which I always found strange, if they didn’t think it was RA). I can’t remember the name they gave to begin with, but after time, they modified their diagnosis. I’ve always thought I had RA though when reading others symptoms etc, because for the most part they have nearly always mirrored mine.]]>
1. cronic hives..sometimes as big as dinner plates!!
2.cricoaryenoid (sp) arthritis..the worst thing in my life.
6.swollen lymph nodes/fever
Cricoarynoid arthritis was the worst thing i ever experienceId in my life!! and its something thats hard to get info about…but thanks to Kelly I found it here!..Since i started MTX I havent had it again..(thank goodness)
I’ve had plursy 3 times in 2 years…its hard to find info about that as well…then theres Hives..barely mentioned ever…wonder why? I should add since MTX hives are all but gone…I never want to be with out it again..lol
Almost forgot….never had swelling except once when i was coming off prednisone.