FIRST Prize: Pentax Optio RS1500 Digital Camera
2 SECOND prizes: one of 2 $25 iTunes Gift Cards
The CONTEST! What’s the contest about?
For years, people who live with Rheumatoid Disease (PRD) have suffered because of confusion that RA is just a type of arthritis.
- Extremely low research dollars for RA
- Need for accommodations in employment situations
- Lack of understanding of the scope of RA even from medical personnel
- Needs for assistance or understanding in social situations
- Preventive and comprehensive medical care for a systemic disease
- Problems with medical coverage of needed treatments
- Difficulty in personal relationships
Every single day, I hear from people dealing with troubles in one or more of these areas. Because of its dedication to improve the lives of people with this disease, the Rheumatoid Patient Foundation (RPF) is sponsoring this contest for people to express why it would be better for this disease to be called what it is, a disease. Calling a disease by one of its symptoms, “arthritis,” has caused problems for patients, researchers, and care providers long enough.
What is the most important REASON TO YOU for the name of the disease to be changed?
Click here to read a printable page of some reasons that many will benefit by changing the name of RA. HINT: maybe this will also give you ideas for your video!
How to enter
But, first read through the short & easy TIPS list there to make your video BRILLIANT!! (And help you WIN!)
BE CREATIVE! Make your video any way you like! You might use photos, slides or home video, or just talk to the world through the camera and tell them your opinion. Maybe you can make an animated video or use a of the cartoon programs such as the Xtranormal storytelling application.
The fine print
The Board of Directors will determine winners based upon clarity of message, creativity, and clever use of technology. By uploading your video, you grant RPF permission to present all or part of your video as an example of patients’ opinions. Of course if RPF uses any part of your video, it will be for the cause of increasing awareness of Rheumatoid Disease to bring improved understanding leading to better research and a cure. Everyone is eligible: patients, caregivers, or health care professionals, except for Board Members or Employees of RPF. Entries should be 90 seconds or less. Enter more than once if you like. Upload your video at this link before November 30th.
- Never Mind! 3 Lessons for Evidence-based Medicine and RA
- What If Rheumatoid Disease Were Recognized, Properly Funded & Medically Understood?
- Laura’s CVS Commercial with Kelly’s CVS and the “a” Word