Thanks for stopping by! There’s lots new here – and more is added daily. RA Warrior is no dry medical science site, yet it’s crammed with important info to fight RA, served up in a light-hearted way. I hope that this page will help you find your way around the site and make yourself at home.
- Help patients find information and encouragement so they can live the best life possible.
- Increase awareness about Rheumatoid Arthritis and correct common misconceptions.
- Present the patient story in a way that may increase understanding of the disease by doctors and researchers.
Consider this the sign over my desk:
Here are some great ways to find what you are looking for:
- Search box at top of the page.
- All posts are carefully tagged – so scroll through the Tags list for your topic.
- To view every post on the blog laid out like a magazine, click See All on the menu, then Expand All.
Other handy links:
I need to contact Kelly.
Frequently Asked Questions.
Recently diagnosed with RA.
Searching for diagnosis.
Basic facts about Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Stories of how RA begins.
I do not have RA. What would you like me to know?
Send me RA Warrior by email or an RSS feed.
About the Rheumatoid Arthritis Warrior Website
About the author
About the name: Warrior
I need an RA t-Shirt.
Kelly Young is an advocate providing ways for patients to be better informed and have a greater voice in their healthcare. She is the president of the Rheumatoid Patient Foundation. Kelly received national acknowledgement with the 2011 WebMD Health Hero award. Through her writing, speaking, and use of social media, she is building a more accurate awareness of Rheumatoid disease aka Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) geared toward the public and medical community; creating ways to empower patients to advocate for improved diagnosis and treatment; and bringing recognition and visibility to the Rheumatoid patient journey. In 2009, Kelly created Rheumatoid Arthritis Warrior, a comprehensive website about RA of about 950 pages and writes periodically for other newsletters and websites. Kelly serves on the Mayo Clinic Center for Social Media Advisory Board. There are over 42,000 connections of her highly interactive Facebook Fan page. She created the hashtag: #rheum. Kelly is the mother of five, a home-schooler, Bible teacher, NASA enthusiast, and NFL fan. You can also connect with Kelly by on Twitter or YouTube, or LinkedIn. She has lived over nine years with unrelenting Rheumatoid disease.