The Post

Comments (190)

190 Responses to “What’s Your Advice for Shoes for Rheumatoid Arthritis Feet?”

1. Deborah Kelly says:

The shoes shown here are the ones I could wear 20 years ago. Now that my toes have curled under, I can only wear shoes with soft fabric/suede uppers. They are hard to find, because I have to wear extra wide shoes because of other damaged to my feet.

2. Tammy says:

My feet have been a major issue too. I found ahnu shoes to be wonderful. I have been wearing the Chrissy shoes for 4 years. I’m trying kuru next. The sole in the ahnu shoe put less pressure on the metatarsal area although it is snug at the toes. With the metatarsal relief, was ok.

3. susan says:

I have had JRA for 40 years. I like Naot and Asics. Some people might be interested in knowing that if you have a health spending account and a doctor willing to indicate that you get relief from wearing Dansko or other expensive brand, you could get reimbursed for the extra cost of the shoes. I used to buy Danskos and print out an ad for 20$ “regular shoes” dollar shoes and get back whatever I paid minus the 20$.

4. Trill says:

These are the kind I wear. Got the same kind at kmart and put insoles in them and they’re as perfect as shoes can get for me. they touch my joints/ankles, but they’re super cushioned around the sides. I couldn’t find them at kmart, but I found the exact same style at Big 5. I like them also because they are wide, with plenty of room. http://www.big5sportinggoods.com/store/details/harsh+Stone-Mens-Skate-Shoes/5345132930055/_/A-4872974#.WiNTdUpKuUk

5. Gracia High says:

I wear a lot of New Balance (great wide and extra wide selection) shoes due to the RA and Neuropathy. I don’t wear a lot of dress shoes.

6. Cindy Smith says:

Crocs and Birkenstocks (sandals and clogs). Luckily I live in Mississippi and can wear clogs to my job.

7. A says:

Hi, no RA dx, but something is wrong and I have been searching for shoe options for years. I need a lot of toe room and cant bear any foot compression. I have found luck with Allbirds (wool upper is soft and accommodating, fairly wide toe box) and especially Fitflop styled like the Novy sandal (no toe thong). Thanks for the suggestions here, and best to all.

8. Angie says:

After having RA since 1984 shoes have always been a bit hit and miss. After bilateral forefoot arthroplasty, I now find that Crocs are my go to shoe but I am now wearing the most outrageous Dr Marten boots with orthotics and I use the excuse now……. if the shoe fits buy them.

The Post

Comments (190)

What do you think?

Would You Like Free Email Updates?
    Stay in touch with RA Warrior.
    We respect your privacy. Your email address will never be shared.