Rheumatoid Arthritis Support Groups

Local Rheumatoid Arthritis support groups

The following are contacts for groups which meet in-person for RA or autoimmune arthritis support. Some of these Rheumatoid Arthritis support groups are affiliated with larger organizations. You should contact a group directly for more information about meeting times and places. Some meet regularly for coffee and others are more or less active than that.

The benefits of Local Rheumatoid Arthritis support groups

Meeting other people with similar experiences is always helpful. However, with a disease like RA, it is even more valuable. Imagine not having to explain how much it hurts or why you can’t do something or why you’re not better yet. Meeting members of a local Rheumatoid Arthritis support group is almost like meeting relatives at a family reunion!

Finding a Rheumatoid Arthritis support group

If you don’t see your location listed below, please check the comments page. Many people are leaving their names in comments, hoping to find others. Remember to use your email address if you click to Subscribe to Comments so any new replies will be sent to you automatically.

A new Rheumatoid Arthritis support group

If you are not finding local Rheumatoid Arthritis support in your area, maybe you can find one other person with RA and have coffee together. Together, the two of you make the beginning of a new group. Our friends at Arthritis Introspective would be glad to help you. Before you know it, you could be making an impact on the lives of others living with RA. Here is a link to receive their free training guide about being an independent support group facilitator.

If you begin a new group, you can announce it to other RA Warrior readers in the following ways: Send me an email so I can add you to this list and mention your group on Facebook and Twitter. Place a comment about your group on the comments page  here so that anyone who has subscribed to comments will hear about it.

Peter                                Phoenix, AZ
Kate                                   Rapid City, SD
(New leader soon)             Houston, TX
Larissa                                Austin, TX
Nancy                                 Northern Vermont
Amy                                    Seattle, WA
(Restarting in near future) Milwaukee, WI

NOTE: If you would like to recommend another local RA support group for this list, please have the local group leader contact me directly. Thanks.

These are independent groups that we have listed for the benefit of readers. RA Warrior is not specifically affiliated with any of these groups. This list is alphabetical by state.

998 thoughts on “Rheumatoid Arthritis Support Groups

• December 10, 2017 at 4:18 am

I have R.D.I have been so tired that I don’t feel like doing anything.I quit drinking beer about hoping that I would feel beater.
    That was five months ago.I feel worse.So tired and worn out all the time.I am afraid to start drinking again because of the med’s that I am on.
    Don’t know what to do. My doctor says it will take some time.I am 63 years old,I don’t think I have much time.
    Need some help,Please

• February 1, 2018 at 7:17 pm

I’m looking for an RA Support Group in Richmond, VA area. Anybody out there? I’m 31 and diagnosed this year.

• February 20, 2018 at 3:55 pm

I’ve had RA roughly for 10 years, lupus for 14, and fibromyalgia for about 7-8 years. I have tried Plaquenil for my lupus for 14 years, Methotrexate on and off due to hair loss for my RA, and Arava for my RA for the last 3 years. I am on Pristiq for my fibromyaglia. I have also been on opioids for the 5-6 years for the pain due to RA and Lupus, rarely but also for my fibromyalgia. I have told my RA doctor that methotrexate is not helping me! They thought combined with Arava it might then help. It does not. I do not work, but married with 2 kids, 13 autistic and 18. If I am out for half a day shopping, site seeing when family visits or running errands for 1/2 day, I then pay for it the rest of the day and usually the day after. Having to take it easy, staying off my feet, since now I have RA in my ankles, knees, and hip, along with my beginning RA that started in my upper extremities. I’ve been living life like this for at least 5 years. And my RA keeps speading and getting worse. This is not living life. I’m no longer active, thus gaining weight. I need a better medicine for my RA. I would love to hear from others that take other meds. for RA other than methotrexate and Arava please, so I can suggest them to my doctor. I look forward to hearing for some of you that have suffered or/and still are, with meds that help them! I also take several over the counter things that are suppose to help joints. Nothing has helped me. I’ve done gluten free for my lupus. I’ve just recently read that a paleo (I think it’s spelled) diet is suppose to help people living with autoimmune diseases. Anyone one heard of that??
    I live in the Waco, TX area. I would love to find a support group with RA or even any other of my autoimmune issues!

• March 1, 2018 at 1:29 pm

I am in Asheville, NC. Was just diagnosed yesterday. Would really love someone to talk with about this who has “Been there, done that”. Thanks!

• April 18, 2018 at 4:10 pm

Re Support Groups:
    I’ve sent several emails to the contact person in Largo FL (Carol) over the past 6 months and have never received a reply.
    How up to date is your support group list?

• May 17, 2018 at 11:58 am

I’m sorry Arlene – I hope I can update it soon – please check back.

• April 19, 2018 at 2:02 pm

I am (desperately) searching for an RA support group in the Tucson, AZ area. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Few local resources available.

• May 28, 2018 at 11:54 pm

I am interested in finding a support group in Wisconsin. Preferably in Washington County. Hopefully, others are already meeting. Thanks.

• June 13, 2018 at 2:43 pm

I am searching for a support group for RA or chronic pain in my area. I live in Ozaukee county, Mequon, Wisconsin and I haven’t been able to find any support groups anywhere near me. Any suggestions

• July 11, 2018 at 10:52 pm

Hi,
    Does anyone know of any support groups in the Cleveland Ohio area?
    Patty