Men and Rheumatoid Arthritis: Video PSA
Why a video about men and Rheumatoid Arthritis?
This video PSA (public service announcement) is something that I have wanted to finish for months because the story about men and Rheumatoid Arthritis has not been told. I also believe that telling the story of men and RA will help everyone who lives with RA by creating a more accurate impression of RA.
Important things this video PSA demonstrates:
1) Although it affects more women, RA has destructive effect on the men who live with it.
2) Men who live with RA face distinct challenges in their work, family life, and in society.
3) The world has an incorrect notion about RA which we are challenging and changing. I cannot say it better than one man who wrote to me recently:
“How do you explain the blinding pain of RA to others who think it is ‘a disease depressed women get’ when you are 6′ 2″ 230 pound male who last year was still stronger at age 53 then nearly any 20 year old? And now cannot lift a jug of milk without feeling like it is ripping the fingers out of his hands?”
Thanks to everyone who has helped & will help make this PSA succeed
I’m extremely thankful to the many men who participated in the making of this video. Several sent me photos even before I asked for them, telling me to use them to tell the story of men and RA. Others have commented on the blog or participated in discussions on Facebook or Twitter, enlightening us about the challenges they face.
If you think this message is important, please help make this video popular on YouTube. You can help spread the word:
- Watch this PSA again.
- LIKE this PSA and comment on YouTube.
- Share this PSA with social media such as Facebook, Twitter, StumbleUpon.
- Embed this PSA on your blog or website.
- Do Men Get Rheumatoid Arthritis, Too?
- Guest blog by a widow of a man w/RA: Friend of Rheumatoid Arthritis Warrior Shares Her Heart
- Rheumatoid Arthritis News, Vol.5: Men & Mortality, Vitamin D Research, New RA Meds
NOTE: Your comments are an important resource for future readers of this post in the months to come. Please find the comment link below each post.Kelly Young. All rights reserved.