Holiday Plan of a hysterical woman:
- Wednesday: Get Orencia IV. Experience immediate miracle.
- Thursday: Go Christmas shopping all day.
- Friday: Decorate the house & put up the Christmas tree. Stay up all night to make lots of homemade gifts.
- Saturday: Mail the gifts. Write Christmas cards. Make cookie dough.
- Sunday: Bake cookies & decorate. Deliver to friends.
- Monday: Wrap all the presents. Buy the Christmas groceries.
- Rest of week: Watch White Christmas & relax with family.
RA and a Reality check
I got sideswiped yesterday by my own caution… I didn’t want to wait any longer for my second Orencia IV infusion. I scheduled it for today. But there was one problem. I hadn’t taken the methotrexate in three weeks because of a chest cold.
I know that the methotrexate can help protect me from developing antibodies against the Orencia. It is about time for some Rheumatoid Arthritis medicine success around here. I feel like I’ve lost enough time to RA. So, I am sure to follow the guidelines…
I know the Orencia won’t really put up my Christmas tree. Or bake us some Christmas cookies. But, I cannot help hoping it will make a difference…
Anyway, yesterday my regular methotrexate shot made me sicker than usual since my body was no longer accustomed to it. I should have known that could happen. It would have been wise to decrease the dose for my first shot. I learned that lesson.
But I never seem to learn the other one. I still catch myself making these crazy plans – thinking I can do it all somehow. I hope laughing at me will make you smile.
Note: My first ever “chest cold,” mentioned in this post, was actually a bronchitis side effect of Orencia. Read more about Orencia and cough here.
- How well do Biologic medications help Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- Rheumatoid Arthritis and Medication: Are Natural Medicines Better?
- Is This the Best Time to Have Rheumatoid Arthritis? Part 1: Quality of Life