Great news for RA Warrior
There was something good in my e-mail box yesterday. I was thrilled to learn that RA Warrior was approved as a new member of Healthcare Blogger Code of Ethics. The code was established in 2007 to provide bloggers and readers with clear standards in five specific areas:
- Perspective: The blog author’s perspective should be clearly established…
- Confidentiality: Patient identity is respected…
- Disclosure: Bloggers must clearly disclose whether they are paid to pitch products…
- Reliability: Sources for information should be cited…
- Courtesy: Personal attacks should not be permitted…
Benefits of Healthcare Blogger Code of Ethics
From their website:
- To give the readers of a medical blogger a clear idea of the standards by which the blog is maintained.
- To give bloggers (especially anonymous ones) a clear set of guidelines they can show employers, patients, or other concerned parties as to the nature of the blogging.
Thanks Healthcare Blogger Code of Ethics!
We are grateful to the team at HBCE and other members who do their best to make healthcare blogs a valuable resource for patients, caregivers, and others interested in fighting specific medical conditions or improving healthcare generally. RA Warrior is proud to display the HBCE logo in the sidebar. I am committed to working hard to maintain the standards promoted by the Code.
- 20 Tips for Managing Your Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment
- Comparing Risks and Benefits of Rheumatoid Arthritis Medicines
- Is there a cure for Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- Disclaimer for Rheumatoid Arthritis Warrior Blog